1911 mags

The reason I posted this now was because of that sale that CDNN is having. Otherwise I would've waited until after I got the gun. I think I'll go ahead and order some of the 8rd McCormick mags from them while they're still on sale. After I pick up the gun and holsters I may have to wait a while to stock up on mags. College is expensive, and unfortunately more important =(

Tried Shooting Stars (8-and 10-round) and never had a problem. Mecgars are a good value for the money as well. Tried some GI surplus and haven't had much luck--only use them as range mags now. Have heard nothing but good things about Wilsons. Never tried anything else, I'm pretty much sold on Shooting Stars and Mecgars.

For my two cents, whatever mag you go with BREAK IT IN! I was at an IPSC match and used a brand new shooting star 8 rnd and had a couple of FTF. In between stages I put a few magazines worth though it, broke it in real nice and I haven’t had a problem since. A friend of mine was also there with a brand new 10 rnd mag (can’t recall for sure but I think it was a shooting star as well). He also had a failure with it that worked out after he and I worked it though a few times. These are great mags, but don’t use them for carry until you have been able to run them through your gun a little bit at the range.

Back