1911 Magazines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ED,
Yep, same length. The difference is in the follower. They work great too. The only eight rounders I've ever found that I am willing to trust my life to.

I have both Shooting Star 8 rounders and Colt 7 rounders. The Shooting Stars go to the range sometimes but on the street I only use Colt mags with Wolf extra power springs. The Wolf springs only cost about $7 per and I've never had a Colt mag bobble with them insalled.

Sorry Dark Avenger, Ruger and Colt mags don't interchange. Ruger does not want to lose the spare magazine business, which he would if Colt/1911 mags worked in his pistols. As far as I know Wilson does not make aftermarket P-90 mags.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Not to get technical... Okay, I'm getting technical:

You can, actually, use a 1911 mag in a P-90, you just have to hold it in with your off- hand in the dreaded "teacup hold" as you shoot. I have done this when my foolish friend forgot to bring a 2nd mag for his P-90, and complained that he could'nt reload for informal match shooting.

Not exactly worth the trouble, though.

I've seen ads for 12-15 rd mags for 1911 .45-

Any thoughts, considerations, dangers from the rest of the participants in this topic?

Thanks for your time,

John Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back