1911 iwb holster suggestions

IWB with a commander size 1911 I found the Vedder litetuck , appendix carry.

Last edited:
I have had the best luck with Milt Sparks holsters for the 1911. The Summer Special is the old standard and still pretty good choice. They have some other good choices too.

I have a ruger cmd 1911 that I would like to carry iwb. Anyone carry a 1911 iwb? If so what holster works well for you? Thanks for any suggestions given

Holsters are a very personal preference. It's like asking "what kind of pants are good?" or "what kind of shoes are good?". I've gone through probably 25 different holsters for about 6 different guns I've carried regularly.

That said, I really like the leather/kydex hybrid holsters based (or basically ripped off from) on the Crossbreed Supertuck design. The leather backing keeps the gun from rubbing against your skin, the kydex keeps the gun locked in securely. The two outboard mounted belt clips keep the holster wrapped tight around you, keep it from shifting fore/aft, and keep the holster thinner.

The AlienGear versions of these holsters look very interesting due to their neoprene backing material instead of leather. I have't worn one yet, but just ordered one to try.

(kydex can also be softened with a heat gun to make adjustments. I actually remolded a Sig holster to fit a CZ75 using a heat gun, and modified my S&W Shield holster when I added a mounted weapon light)

Also if you want a "minimalist" nylon iwb holster, Bulldog is a decent choice too, and can be had for less than a sawbuck(before taxes and S&H) at Midway USA, I ordered one last week, it arrived yesterday, every semi auto in my sigline fits, even my security six, however the holster has zero rigidity so I had a little difficulty re-holstering my sec.-six, but it still fits in the holster. The only caveat is the clip was mounted for left-handed iwb, but the Bulldog is ambidextrous, I simply took the clip(I had a little difficulty with the clip) and mounted it on the other side of the holster.

I have a ruger cmd 1911 that I would like to carry iwb. Anyone carry a 1911 iwb? If so what holster works well for you? Thanks for any suggestions given
I asked this same question a couple months ago. For a Colt .45 LW 4.25" and got some of the same good advice. The Sparks SS received the most thumbs up.

So I settled on the Summer Special. I have other IWBs for other weapons including an Alessi Talon Plus, Falco, Muddy River and the usual cheap ones. Have to say the SS is the favorite...as usual, you get what you pay for.

Back