1911 iwb holster suggestions

Gulfcowboy

I have a ruger cmd 1911 that I would like to carry iwb. Anyone carry a 1911 iwb? If so what holster works well for you? Thanks for any suggestions given

Every day in a Theis hybrid tuck-able. https://www.theisholsters.com/

Prefer the heavy cowhide version. A Ruger lwc in heavy shirt weather, and a 3 in Kimber in summer. Off side 2 mags in winter, one mag in summer. They come tight, but i loosen them up. The belt clips are tight, but they, or screws, do not destroy my pants. After awhile the heavy leather custom molds to ya. Am wearing very lightweight all cotton button up/checked shirts in summer. Alos have heavy suspenders under the outside shirt, and connected to belt.

One very good thing the younger generations have provided is the general acceptance of un tucked shirts.

Tommy Theis makes a great product, and is a pleasure to do business with. I have 5 of his IWB Hybrid holsters for five different carry guns (no 1911 though), and am very happy with them. Comfortable, and durable.

Ps-Am wearing the 1911 at 3 oclock with FBI tilt. For my body type this helps conceal the grip better/more comfortably. It does require some hand adjustment when drawing.

Wow, I was going to recommend what I've been using for just a few years now.
https://www.galcogunleather.com/triton-2-0-kydex-strongside-crossdraw-iwb-holster_8_7_1318.html

I found my Galco Triton holsters are no longer made with the large clip or two belt-snaps, but replaced by the referenced Triton 2.0, now. I can't actually recommend the 2.0 version as I've not tried it, but it might be as good as my first-version ones.

The Galco Triton (1st versions) were like a Kydex version of Galco's leather "Royal Guard". The Royal Guard is still available for now, but I liked and wanted a Kydex type. I don't know how long the Royal Guard will be available as Galco now has a 2.0 version of that too.
https://www.galcogunleather.com/royal-guard-inside-the-pant-holster_8_7_1253.html

Before the Galco Triton, I also had Blade-Tech's version, which were discontinued before Galco's Triton came onto the market.

I'd recommend full kydex. The hybrid holsters tend to experience fatigue near the 90 degree bends in the plastic, and some leather holsters will sag/slightly collapse after extensive use. Full kydex holsters tend to retain their integrity longer.

KY Jim hit it right Sparks Summer Special 2 Check it out at Brownells as they have them in stock no waiting like 20 weeks at Milt Sparks waiting time for one etc. Best IWB Holster for the $$$$

I tried a Crossbreed Supertuck for a couple months and got tired of it moving every time I bent over, got out of the truck or just walking around…and my belt was cinched to the point of being uncomfortable. Purchased a Hidden Hybrid after that and I’m amazed how it feels and never moves…belt is looser also.

Used the horse hide supertucks for awhile. No matter what tried, they always started squeaking again, and the clips/screws wore through the pack of pants in short order. They were very thin however.

I carried a 1911 in a Theis horsehide hybrid, back when he still made those. It's a good holster, but after I switched to a smaller pistol, I discovered the StealthGear Revolution. Far more comfortable. SG apparently doesn't make a Revolution for 1911s, but they do make the Ventcore holster. I'd look very hard at that, if I were holster hunting. The ventilated back on the Revolution makes a world of difference in comfort.

I don't carry a 1911 however I have an ole Bianchi Askin's Avenger for mine. If I were to carry a 1911 IWB I'd lean toward a Milt Sparks Summer Special or SS2 like I have for my BHP. My other favorite IWB holster is the Vedder LightTuck but I think 1911's deserve leather.

Back