1911 EMP® 4” Concealed Carry Contour 9mm

FITASC

I like the looks and concept of this gun - does anyone have any experience with this gun? Accuracy? Handing? Carrying ability?

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-emp-4-concealed-carry-contour-9mm/

PI9229L_WEB-1200x800.jpg

Any first-hand info would be great.
TIA

A 4 inch 1911 with a vbob style grip from a well known manufacturer=good to go in my book. I've handled the original EMP, just a bit pricy for what I was looking for, but got a XDS instead(also from Springer).

FITASC said:
As do I; just would rather not drop $1K on something that has a bad reputation.
While I agree that the EMP (and this new version) are too expensive for what you get, as far as I know the original EMP has enjoyed an excellent reputation since it was first introduced roughly ten years ago. What reputation are you referring to?

I'm not referring to any reputation - I'm trying to find out about this one - good or bad. I have no knowledge of the original.

Except these two are aluminum and the the SA is 9+1 while the Wilson is 15+1

(And THANKS to the person who was able to resize that Wilson photo)

It is a great low recoiling 1911. Really love shooting mine. Just be ready to send it back to SA. I’ve had 4 SA 1911s. This one will be my last. All 4 had to go back for repair. Don’t remember what was wrong with the loaded 45. My 9mm range officer compact front sight fell out & was lost forever. (Sold both) My original EMP4 kept getting live & empty rounds stuck in the chamber. SA repaired it & it is running fine now. And my new EMP contours plunger tube has come loose & jammed up the safety. Waiting on a shipping label for its return for repair.
They are great guns when they work. Good luck getting a good one.

Thanks for the heads up. Wonder why you have so many issues; it's not like it's a brand new design, at least that I can tell.

Back