1911 bushing compensator - damage?

I have a Wilson bushing comp that I tried on the Coonan, and it was not very effective at reducing muzzle flip. It might work better on one of the .45acp pistols. I may try one of the Clark .38 Super two port comps on the Coonan at a later date if I can find any reviews of the beast.

101combatvet said:
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is accuracy.
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is what the owner think matters.

Personally, as a CCW holder and a one-time practical shooting competitor, I am much more concerned about reliable function than I am about bullseye accuracy. If a pistol will consistently put three or five rounds into a fist-sized group at 25 feet -- that's self-defense accuracy and that's fine with me. If the gun has a stoppage in the middle of shooting that group -- THAT's a problem.

To a benchrest shooter, maybe....:rolleyes:

Sufficient accuracy is vitally important, but its not the only thing that matters. Power matters, too. Sometimes, so does speed.

If the bushing compensator doesn't decrease the accuracy of the gun or the shooter, or its reliability, the rest is just personal preference.
It will decrease accuracy if not fitted.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is what the owner think matters.

Personally, as a CCW holder and a one-time practical shooting competitor, I am much more concerned about reliable function than I am about bullseye accuracy. If a pistol will consistently put three or five rounds into a fist-sized group at 25 feet -- that's self-defense accuracy and that's fine with me. If the gun has a stoppage in the middle of shooting that group -- THAT's a problem.
Reliability should always be a given.

Back