1895 Winchester 30 Gov.

"Really?

We aren't using black powder any more?

Maybe I should invest in one of those new fangled reloading manuals."

Between adoption of the M1903 to where America began gearing up for World War II in the late 1930s there were, IIRC, SIX official propellant, possibly more, for the cartridge, starting with W.A. and Lightning and ending with IMR 4895.

Mike:

Might try the quotes thingy?

Mike: Its called humor.

Yes I was not born yesterday and I know that there are now many many new propellants made since 1906. some of which go into 30-06 !

Not to mention bullets.

I like this thread. I appreciate the humor (RC20) and I appreciate the historical information (Mike, Jim and others).

The surplus ammo after WWI was some neat information. Another thread around here somewhere mentioned that while the Springfield was the Army's rifle of choice more soldiers 'over there' in WWI were armed with the (US made .30-06) Enfield than the Springfield.

There's lots of lurkers on these thread and I think both the humor and historical info from all you folks in the know (you know who you are) is much more appreciated than you know.

They did, about 40 years ago.
They were all over the place. Nobody much cared, they hadn't started selling bulk ammo to the gullible Americans and Norma was expensive.

Back