1851 Navy repair kit...

"I don't think Pietta is dumping their junk on Cabela's . As "the world's biggest outfitter", should Cabela's decide they were, Pietta's sales might be halved..."

It would be an extremely un-smart corporate decision. I do think there were different levels of quality with Uberti and Pietta in the past though.

In perspective, the Palmettos serve several purposes:
1. They evoke a sense of continuity- They recall the old days of replicas when customer service, quality control and authenticity were considered signs of weakness;
2. They make good bait-You can leave them out in plain sight so the burglars will see them as easy targets and leave the better stuff alone;
3. They remind us that Burglars have a place in the balance of nature. Finding your door kicked open and discovering all your Palmettos gone may make you actual GLAD that you have been burglarized.

Hmmmm.....
Palmetto as bait for a burglar....now that's a good idea!
It would be greatly worth the cost of purchase if it decoyed any burglars away from my gun safe, and at the same time it perfectly fits the definition of "wall hanger"!! (Might have to take off any manufacturers markings so the BG can't actually identify it as a palmetto) :D

The only fly in the ointment is the PRICE! Palmettos are generally junk with regular prices. I would use them for burglar bait happily if someone else paid for them, but since that's unlikely to happen, guess I'll pass on them altogether.

Steve

Just had a thought about that, buy used from the poor guy who bought new and found out he has a $150+ paperweight-- talk him down on price because you both know he is selling junk trying to recover part of his loss.

.......I just got my repair kit today (3/27)....Didn't take as long as I expected ......I think I'll order several more from the store today while there still in stock & save some shipping costs ;) .....Of course I haven't had to replace any parts yet but ya can't be too careful :rolleyes: ...........

Back