17 hmr

i would go to the RFC site and look around if i were you but everyone over there said that the BSA sweet 17 wasnt a real good scope so i have been holding off buying one. also go to varmintal.com and he has all the info on the .17 your could every need, even chats that compare the .22lr and .22 mag with the .17

I will say this that the .17 hmr is that fast and It will put crows up in feathers next time we do it I will make viedo of it and put it on here :D :D :D

Past 100 yards the results won't be "explosive" (the FUN part about owning a ,17!) but the .22's results are not real explosive at ANY range.

But I think it's reasonable to expect 1 shot kills on rabbit sized game (and under) in the 150-175 yard range with a 17. At least, that's been my experience. And whereas with my .22 have to hold *inches* high, at 150 yards I hold dead on with my .17. I am consistantly shocked and amazed at the accuracy of my .17. There is overlap between the .17 and the .22, but in my opinion it's like the overlap between a .243 and 30-06. Each have their place, each can do some of what the other can, but there a right time for each, too.

Back