12 Gauge Coyote Round

chewie146,
Do yourself a favor and call Carlson Choke Tubes.
http://www.choketube.com/

I've talked with these guys and they've tested so many choke tube restrictions, shot sizes, barrel lengths and shotgun brands, it's amazing. So they have the experience to know what they're talking about. ;)

I purchased a Dead Coyote choke tube and some Dead Coyote ammo (T size shot, in 3" 12 gauge), patterned it at 30, 40 and 50 yards. This ammo and choke tube combination sucked, past 30 yards. I told Shane Carlson about this experience, the make of shotgun being used, barrel length and the ranges that I was attempting to attain a good pattern.

He suggested a .680" restriction. The Dead Coyote choke tube is a .660" restriction...more of a turkey choke, in my opinion. He told me to mail it back to them with a note stating that I needed to exchange it for a .680" and he'd send it back as soon as possible...no charge. Great service coupled with great experience equals great results.

Where shotguns are concerned, there are far too many variables to attain good results without spending a silly amount of money to get it. It's better to let someone, like Carlson's to guide a shooter through it. They've been there, done that and already have the knowledge. ;)

Bowhunter57

The #4 is doing better with the carlson tube. The slugs even group tighter. I found my all-around choke. 20 bucks at that.

Back