10rounds 45 or 17 round 9mm

If I couldn't handle a single intruder with 10 shots in close quarters I'd be thinking to myself "All that range time and thats the best I could do?" right before the BG was on top of me.

Yikes.

I personally shoot the best with my Kimber SS Gold Match.
I am as comfortable with it as any handgun have ever owned.
That being said, I'll take my 45 with a pocket full of Wilson's 8 rounders and full patch hard ball. Millions of professional soldiers can be wrong regardless what the top brass tells them.

I would take the best of both worlds how about 14 +1 of 45acp in a Para Ordnance 14 45 LDA which is of course back up to my 8 shot mossy shotgun. If I miss with this combo at least the bad guys hearing will be affected.

I will take 8 rounds from a Sig P220; every time. If more firepower is needed, extra mag's are available.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

I can do the job w one finger. :)

I would actually prefer a 8-10 shot 9mm to a 6-10 shot 45, but then I can think fast and shoot straight too. I do think the 45 is better, but the 9 is good enough, and I like to shoot it better, like the 9mm guns better, etc.

I don't worry about being a welterweight, have no interest in bulking up to middle or heavy, have cuffed and stuffed a few heavies in my time. I ain't worried about the 0.097 difference in calibers either.

Kinda academic, since I will be using the shotgun; if the dogs leave anything that is. :)

I guess if push came to shove I would take a High-Power with 13 rounds of 9mm 115gr +P. Why? I shoot a High-Power better and faster than any other handgun. Would I feel less protected by 10 rounds of 45acp? No,I sometimes take a S&W 5 shot J Frame 38 special with me when there is a knock at the door. Regards, Richard

Near my bed, I have a Glock 17, Glock 20, Glock 21, Glock 23, and Glock 31 within easy reach.

I would feel quite comfortable defending myself with any of the five.

Glock 17 is loaded with 17+1 124 grain +P Gold Dots (Georgia Arms)
Glock 20 is loaded with 15+1 175 grain Winchester Silvertips (1290 fps)
Glock 21 is loaded with 13+1 230 grain Federal Hydrashoks
Glock 23 is loaded with 13+1 165 grain Gold Dots (Georgia Arms)
Glock 31 is loaded with 15+1 125 grain Speer Gold Dots

I feel that a well placed hit from any of the above is going to do the job, and I have equal confidence in all of the above.

One round of any quality 45 round doing 520 + fpe should stop the situation.

You can always have two mags full of 45s! Bigger holes and more fpe.

Carry my Glock 30 and only my Glock 26 when I can't.

Back