1000 Yard shot with the Mosin Nagant 91/30

Not bad. It shows that while the rifle is definitely not a 1-MOA gun, it's still deadly at that range. You may not hit every round, but you'll have a high enough hit percentage to be effective.

Hey... you were shooting 999.46 yards... you lied... even rounding you'd be shooting 999yards because .4 you would round down.:D

Make a new 1000 yard video.;)

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Thanks for pointing that out HKFan!!!:mad: lol, I only did that because the GPS reads in miles after 999.99 yards.

Did you hit the camera stand? That's more impressive than hitting the target lol. Can't wait to get a Mosin for myself. Love the history behind it.

Thanks guys!
Sheriff Gotcha- I almost hit the camera, that round landed less than a foot away from the camera and the dirt splash moved the camera.

Last edited:
Get your hands on a Mauser with a good barrel and try the same shot. I have always found K98s and M48s to be much more "shootable" than the Muzzin-nugget.

Congrats on making that shot anyhow. Pretty impressive.

Thanks for pointing that out HKFan!!! lol, I only did that because the GPS reads in miles after 999.99 yards.

Well that is good... considering the rear sight on the Mosin goes to what?.... 12 miles or something? This is a good start I expect 5miles by next month, best get practicing.;)

Back