$1000.00 to Spend - Recommendations

Bullshooter

I saw a post that asked what you would buy if you had $5000. I thought that $1000 would be a more realistic figure, since (probably) most of us have other obligations like families, mortgages, etc.

If you had $1000 what semi-auto would you buy and why? Your choice could be a competition gun, home defense, plinker, etc.

Now I have to go give this some serious thought.

:confused:

Kimber Stainless Gold Match.
Reason: Excellent gun, lots of extras, looks and shoots great, and if you want to customize you can anytime you want.

Been doin' some thinkin' (pretending I have the $1K to spend at this time of the year! I'm one that appreciates fine workmanship and the aesthetics are as important as the function. HKs, Glocks, parkerized finishes, etc. - while certainly functional - just don't get it done for me. Gotta give it more thought, maybe the practical side of my brain will take hold.

:rolleyes:

I'd vote for the Glock 30 with good night sights, the rest for ammo and spare mags. If there's something this handgun won't do, and do well, I haven't figured out what it is.

Still Thinkin'...but leanin'

I like the Sig P220S. Love .45ACP and like compensators. Never owned a SIG but think I might like this one. Leanin' but not fallen - yet.

:cool:

Okay...don't FLAME me over this, but...something from Smith & Wesson's Performance Center!!! Pre-agreement, of course!!!....mikey357

Well I have a little over 500 in my 10mm Witness with three spare mags and a set of adjustable sights and two holsters. With the money saved I have already bought my dies, bullets, primers, cases, and powder. Still have some money left out of a thousand but there are still lots of goodies out there.

My choice right now would be a Beretta Elite II in 9mm along with 4-6 hi-caps (as many as I could get for $200) and maybe some Novak night sights in the mix. Can't think of a gun I'd want more right now (given my current collection and what's out there to choose from).

If you haven't seen this gun you are missing out, talk about smooooooth.

:0

Shake

I know this is the semi forum but......................................

How about a mint condition Colt Python. I held one the other day, and I think I am in Love with a wheel gun

Here's an extremely biased opinion...

Kimber Ultra Carry CDP

I've had one for three months...I used to think my Glock 21 was the Cat's -ss, until I got this gun.

I went from carrying a Chevy Tahoe to a Lamborghini Diablo!!

Like I said, not biased at all!!

Dave

I'm doing just that

Bullshooter,

You are describing just my situation. Most of us haven't got $5,000 to spend at any given time.

I have $1000 saved up and I plan on buying a Glock 19 (my first handgun) very shortly, ear protection, holster, spare mags, etc. etc. and ammo with what's left over.

:)

What goes around, comes around.
If you come around, don't sneak.

What skevlar said,although I keep having forbidden fruit dreams about a S&W PC627. Eight rounds of .357mag. ahhh.....
Ronin

Yeah - I know what you mean

I've been a wheel gun (or as I saw in a book recently, a "whirlintwirlinklankinboomer") nut for over thirty years and, other than the M1911A1, haven't had much use for the selfstuffers until the last few years. I've come to really enjoy the 92FS Beretta, despite the low power caliber. I tried a Cougar 8045 but couldn't get used to the way it felt and ended up selling it.

I had a couple of S&W (pardon the blasphemy) M28s back in the early 70's that could digest some serious loads and remained relatively comfortable to shoot.

Hmmm, eight rounds of a .357 125gr JSP... this is very interesting.

Well, $1000 is roughly what I have to spend right now, and I'm looking for a nickel Python. Another 1911 would be overkill, and Glocks and HK's don't make me "goosey." (No offense to the Glock and HK afficianados). Problem with buying guns in that price range is that it's harder to sell them. The solution is to _not_ sell them :) . From the school of hard knocks.

Dick
Want to send a message to Bush? Sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/monk/petition.html and forward the link to every gun owner you know.

Back