10 Gauge Pump

Correct me if my calculations are off, but since gauge works out to be the number of lead balls the diameter of the bore it takes to make a pound. (or some such thing) wouldn't that mean that a 4 gauge would be the same as 3 12 gauges dimensions in the diameter at the end of the bore?

Whoa.

I bet ammo, when or if it actually comes is going to cost a lot of $.

------------------
Order your TFL shirts and hats now! www.thefiringline.com:8080/forums/showthread.php?threadid=37865

Bore Diameter vs. Gauge

.775" - 10ga.
.730" - 12ga.
.670" - 16ga.
.615" - 20ga.
.550" - 28ga.
.410" - 68ga.

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

Tula armsworks makes a 4-ga SEMI-AUTO....

Oh yeah...

------------------
Big Guns again
No speakee well
But plain.
--H.C

I've 10 gauge shells in Winchester Supreme® Double X Magnum 00 Buckshot and Federal Premium P109 in #4 and BB. Any reasonable sources for 10 gauge ammo? Can we reload the hulls from factory ammo? Since factory ammo does not deliver a larger load any faster than factory 3 1/2" 12 gauge, can 10 gauge hulls be loaded somewhat hotter than factory - especially for "cheap" Spanish double built in 1966.

Solitar, loading "Hot" is a mistake in any shotgun, not just inexpensive foreign doubles. And, if standard 10 ga fodder doesn't do the job, you probably need high explosives.And, just what is it you're doing with the 10 ga?

The 3 1/2" 12 does come close to 10 ga performance,but the 10 gets better patterns, USUALLY.

The More is Better Principle does not apply much to shotguns....

Back