10 Days

Sounds like fun Salty. And we need some of that rain down here in Texas right now. I'm probably going to be able to get out in the field tomorrow. Ill try to do some dove hunting but if not then I will at least do some hog hunting for sure if nothing else. I wish we had some of that hog action down here like yall are having, we haven't had that kind of action since around last Easter.

I know that hogs are vermin and I kill em anyhow, anyway, anywhere, anytime that I see em, but I still do immensely enjoy shooting them and even if I'm actually hunting some game and the whole hunt I see nothing, if I see some hogs and get a shot at em that still makes a good time for me if the real game comes up blank.

But it actually feels like fall down here today, it only got up to 89 degrees today. The heat index has been well over 100 for the last few months straight and we had quiet a few days where the actual temp. was over 100, and the humidity is through the roof. But today was nice and breezy with little humidity. And football has been good so far these first two weeks. Texas A&M just beat the hell outta Ball State here in College Station tonight for their first game in their brand new remodeled Kyle Field stadium. So hopefully we can just keep it up. Whoop!!!! Gig Em Ags!!!!

Last edited:
Yep, evidently the front that cooled you off made it here yesterday. Sitting last night was enjoyable with low humidity, a breeze to keep the skeeters at bay and cooler temps. The critters must have been laid up somewhere else though, only saw 4 rabbits.

I went to the same stand I shot the pigs on. I'm having to hunt certain stands because my Gator is in the shop for some warranty work. I can't get off to the deeper stands without wading through a lot of water, bugs and snakes. Hopefully they get it fixed because there is a place I need to be sitting way off the beaten path.

Well I know its been raining cats and dogs up there on yall folks up there in South Carolina here recently but I hope yall can still get some hunting done. Down here in my neck of the woods in Texas we are bone dry and could use some of that rain in a bad way.

But the dove hunting sucks, there are no birds at all hardly. But the deer look very very promising. I have some decent bucks that I have been keeping my eyes on that like to come out in the back pasture in the evening time. I hope I can bag them before someone else does because that will happen. Also the hogs are back and in somewhat effect. We had some come out about ten oclock the other night but wasnt able to get a shot off because this young Airedale terrier we have ran em off before I was able to even get a gun out. Dernt dog.

And college football is pretty good right now. The Aggies are still undefeated but all that could change when we play Bama this coming Saturday. But who knows we upset them a few years ago back when we had good ol Johnny Football. But it might be a good game. Sports Illustrated is coming through College Station for the game for their College Football Tailgate Tour and they requested our restaurant cater them and their event and i'm the primary catering chef so I will be there so it'll be a good time no matter what.

Also along with it being so dernt dry down here its still hot as sin, its been in the 90s all week and isn't predicted to get down in the 80s for another week or so. So with all these high temps this late in the year who knows what the hunting will behold but thats just Texas, hot as hell till late in the year with bipolar weather that cant make up its mind what it wants to be.

Back