# 1 FUN GUN

twoinchgroup52

What is your #1 fun gun and why? I don't know what my answer will be next month, but right now it's a S&W Model 14, circa 1970's. It's very accurate, wears herrett target grips and shooting 38spl. wadcutters is something I can do for hours at end. It used to be a 22 (very accutate, ammo very cheap) but, at this stage of the game, I need a bit more BANG!---Twoinchgroup52.

S&W 41. With winter here, we shoot at indoor range every friday night. Got to stay in practice.

------------------
Courage is only fear that has said its prayers.

It's a tie between my Colt Woodsman .22 Match
Target and my .32 S&W Model 16 (H&R Mag).
Both are cheap to shoot and of course not
much recoil.---It makes a good change from
the big bangers--I still shoot them too.But
usually for essential practice and matches.

My #1 fun gun would have to be my Ruger Mk2 .22 . The reason is: sub 1in groups :)and shoot all day long for 10 bucks

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

2"group, Funnest gun is my Para-Ordnance P-16 in 10mm/.40 S&W.
17 + 1rnds of the most fun a reloader can have !
And you can slip in the 10mm barrel if you want some "privacey" by rapid firing off a few rounds - Makes the other shooters real nervous when they here a 1911 go BOOM ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Actually - let me change my response...
I would love to say Rhinemetal 120MM - but actually I have to say its my Remington 514 .22 LR Single Shot. After 29 years of my use - plus about a dozen of my parents use... It is still LAZER ACCURATE and fires EVERY TIME I put a good round in the chamber and squeeze the trigger.
Oh - I may get a failure to extract once in a while... but a quick flick of a blade will remove the empty casing if I can't get the extractor to hook up and pull it out.
Doesnt sound like that great of a rifle - it looks shoddy... its got some pitting on the barrel and the wood is stained and marred and gouged. But I would sell my Bushmaster anyday before I sold that little Remington.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
We, the people, are tired of being taxed, penalized, supervised, harassed,
and subjugated by a federal government which exceeds the powers
enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

[This message has been edited by George Hill (edited December 20, 1999).]

Ruger Mk2 cause you can shoot all day.

Colt 1917 Army revolver in .45 acp.. cause its really really accurate and doesn't kick much and evryone wants to know what the hell it is.

Pedersoli 12 guage black powder double "coach gun" cause even if it take a few minutes to reload.. the high velocity "ka-boom" is worth every second.

Dr.Rob

COLT Gold Cup National Match, 45 ACP, thank you!

COLT Commander, 45 ACP.

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

Favorite "fun gun?"

Well, Dr. Rob, you had it right.

It's gotta be my 1970's Pedersoli repro 1777 Charleville musket in .69 cal. It is something else to see people's eyes get real big when that puppy goes BOOM. There's just something really satisfying about that heavy "click" of the falling hammer, and the huge amounts of smoke and fire. Sure, it weighs 9 and some pounds, and can be cantankerous as hell, (I hate dirty flints!) but I love that thing. Any other RevWar re-enactors on here?

I also love my Remmington sportsman '48 12ga, and my Sig P225, but I think that the Charleville wins.

-Tim

Ruger 22/45

Inexpensive ammo;I can shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger; AND...

... so accurate that it's SCARY! I like to "have fun" doing head shots on targets... actually, to be fair, it would be more accurate to say that I like to do "between the eyes" shots. OHMYGOD the thing is accurate!

------------------
Stand against evil, lest evil have its way...

For the last dozen years my best fun gun has been a 2.5 inch S & W 66.Its accurate enough for informal targets, if you don't mind an ocasional one out of the black, and at 100 yards it will hit 4 out of 5 six inch steel plates if you really pay attention.

That's a tough question. I know you are asking about handguns, but I don't have any handgun that is more fun to shoot than any rifle. I guess my current favorite for just plain fun is a Win 94 in 45 Colt. I always want to bring it along to range shoots. The targets seem to suck the bullets into the 9 or 10 rings no matter what I do to try and miss.

My new 10-22T is trying to work its way up to favorite. I've changed the trigger/sear, etc., etc. and am having a lot of fun working on it and trying to get all 5 shots in the exact same hole at 50 yds. So far, .3" is the best, but I know it will do better.

As for handguns, my favorite would be a Colt's Combat Commander.

[This message has been edited by Mal H (edited December 20, 1999).]

2"g52, funny you should ask. Midway has 2 Fajen stock and Ruger barrel combos on sale this month ($90 & $130). Both are TH Sporter styles. You can throw away or sell the bbl and keep the stock. But, unless Midway decides to break out the old Fajen dies and crank up the milling machines, you may never see new ones again.

Back