0 a rifle

One shot zero might be a mistake in words. You don't zero the rifle with one shot, you get it on paper and very close to zero with one shot. Actuaqlly for me it's two shot's as the first is fired at 25 yds and the second at 100 yds. From there I actually zero the rifle. I do it alone also and the older I get the harder it seem's to be to do. Two people is a definite advantage!

It works for me.

If you were taught the opposite, it won't work.
If you put the crosshairs on the POI and then adjust so they're back on the POA, you'll be twice as far off. (If the scope doesn't run out of adjustment first.)

I'm not a fan of the channel, but this video shows the method demonstrated on a few different rifles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSVA3BBUgQ0
Funny how the guy uses secret agent code in his explanation when all he had to do was keep it simple and say "keeping your rifle/optic perfectly still adjust your elevation and windage; moving your point of aim to your point of impact."

The other way...not looking for a fight!

I have never used the One Shot. No comment on how it works. Explanations have been extremely good.

How we do it: This comes from the varmint hunting days. Maybe I was not clear. What we do is take a target, store bought or homemade, at the shorter range. Same, Same. It's good to use a store bought target with inches marked off. Larger target works for 3x and the like throughout. Often times even with very good scopes the duplex cross hairs cover an inch or so at a hundred yards. Start close. This is a rough zero. Move to 100 yards.

Get shots onto paper. Move the point of impact to the point of aim. Down and dirty and fast[ Adjust with scope to bring the group into the point of aim of the target]. This works for scopes very well that have been on other rifles. Some times it will work you to get bullets on paper with previously mounted scopes.:eek: No fancy bore sighters here. A local guy left a bores sighter in for his first shot. The result made it onto Youtube. :rolleyes:

Process is speedy with decent scope with accurate adjustments. With the scopes in bubble packs from the Big Box one needs to figure the value of clicks to get started. No argument or debate in mind. Just sharing. Take care and be safe.

Last edited:
thanks to everyone you talked me into buying a rest got a allen sharpshooter at ww for $30.00 this will work for me thanks again:):)

That rest is good to test ammo for accuracy. Here's one used by some national champions and record setters.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/12787226@N00/albums/72157594303093714/

Never used to get sight zeros by any of them.

Several people shooting the same rifle and ammo will not have the same sight settings to zero at a given range. I've observed this a few times with 4 people shooting the same stuff in a team match. This phenomenon is often thought to be caused because we all look through the sights differently; in reality, another myth in the shooting sports that's easily proven false.

Last edited:
Back