Zombiemax on deer

misterE

Dont know if I'm the only one that was extremely curious how these bullets would react on deer, but I went and did it this morning.

I bought a box of it just to see how it would group out of my M1a and it shot very tight groups (right at 1") and shot to the same poi as federal premium 165 grain Sierra game king.

Anyways, shot one doe at 50 yards with the federal. Then I shot one at 10 yards with the Zombiemax which are 168 grains. Both were quartering away slightly and both were hit in the same spot, towards the back of the ribs.

Results: federal had about a 1 1/2" exit wound. Zombiemax had about a 3/4" exit wound. Not really what I was expecting. Both shots hit ribs going in and I expected the Zombiemax to blow apart if it hit bone.

I just figured I'd post about this as some of y'all might be as curious as I was. Hornady doesn't say anywhere that I can find if these are suitable for deer, but I can say with assurance they are in my book although ill probably stick with the federals.

7.62x39

Im having trouble finding any soft tips or hollow points for hunting, but I came across these and was wondering how they would work as well. All I can find in this caliber is tulla and the primers are too hard for my Rossi single shot. I would love to hear from some others.

I think in the smaller calibers they are just a green tipped V-Max. As for soft tips for the 7.62X39 if you can't find local look online, there is a ton of soft point ammunition for that cartridge.

Lol I've used them on hogs and coyotes. They are just ballistic tipped hollow points vmax and amax. They put green tips to match the cash they are raking in.

They are not gonna retool just to make this ammo

Back