Zenith Z-5RS

FloridaGuy

I have a chance to pick one of these up for $1,900. This is the first time I have seen one in over a year. I think it would make a great SBR.

What does everyone think?

They are good guns. You might consider using a brace, as well.
I move every few years, and MP5s are not as easy as ARs to de-configure from SBR to Title I firearms.

Moving with NFA items is not real difficult there are certain things you need to do before moving. You need to apply for, and receive, permission from the ATF to transport your NFA items across state lines prior to the move. You do this by submitting a Form 5320.20. Let me say that one more time … you must have an approved Form 20 before you transport any of your NFA items (excepting suppressors and AOWs) across state lines.

And while suppressors and AOWs technically do not require a Form 20 to cross state lines, It is strongly recommend that, in the case of a permanent move, you submit a Form 20 for them in any case so that the NFRTR can be updated to reflect your new state of residence.

Finally … once you have your approved Form 20(s) in hand then you may move with confidence.

The above is also valid if you move residences within your current state.

Last edited:
Excellent points, FloridaGuy. The process is not terrible, but the timeline can be troublesome if you don't know your new address until shortly before moving. The ATF takes a little bit of time to approve and return the form.

Back