Zeiss Terra line does it click true?

coyotewsm

I'm looking for a new scope which would be for a 17 hmr. In the past past I've found scopes to be unreliable at adjusting accurately Bushnell Simmons Nikon and I don't think my sightron even adjusts accurately. Does anyone know if the Zeiss Terra will adjust true?

In my experience some scopes when you adjust them say you go one click the cross hairs may not move. Also they say 1/4 at 100 yards I've found that to not be the case always.

Generally speaking the more expensive scopes are more accurate. I have no personal experience with the Terra other than looking through some in stores. They are a budget Zeiss made somewhere in Asia with Zeiss badges.They are a decent scope, but not top end. For my money a Leupold VX-2 is a better scope. My guess is that they will be pretty accurate, but that is just a guess based on overall quality of the product.

Unless you are using a scope with elevation dials this isn't a huge issue anyway. With most hunting scopes once you get them zeroed you never touch the adjustment dials anyway. It is true that many cheap and even mid level scopes may move 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 or even 1/8 MOA per click when it should be 1/4 MOA every time. It may require 2-3 more rounds to be fired to get the rifle zeroed, but after that it isn't a problem.

If you're using a scope that doesn't adjust precisely, it's probably due to minor imperfections hanging up the internals during adjustment. Usually the parts settle in eventually, either from recoil or just from being jarred around. But you can help this by tapping the scope right after you adjust it.

When adjusting a scope like this, just give it a few whacks after every adjustment. A loaded polymer magazine like a PMAG or a Glock mag works well if you don't have a rubber or plastic mallet handy. This should settle it in after every adjustment and make your adjustments much more consistent and precise.

Back