Yugo sks won't recock

easyliven88

I'm at wits end here!! For some reason my Yugo will fire/eject my first round, when I pull the trigger for the second round the trigger has not been recocked. I have cleaned the gas valve/tube/piston, I even did the paper clip trip to make sure there is no gas leakage going on. After the first round is fired I'm checking to make sure the bolt is all the way in battery but still won't be recocked.

So I'm thinking that the bolt isn't traveling far back enough to recock the trigger?? Its really starting to depress me lol.. Any ideas?

Is it a 59/66 A1,if so make sure the gas valve is in the correct position. If it's up that setting is for the grenade launcher & will only let it fire 1 at a time. Also check to see if there a shock buff in it. If so take it out.

Last edited:
Is the recoil spring in backazzwards and binding before the bolt and carrier have gone all the way back?
I'm thinking that the gas port is open and not giving the bolt/carrier enough of a push as stated above.

Gas port is closed and pushed to the right...I've tried everything I can think of, Smithy, here I come lol. I'll update what the Smith says....

Mine was the same way when I bought it several years ago. The paperclip trick is a quick fix and mines had a paperclip O ring in it for at least 5-600rds without a hiccup.

Back