Yugo M59 or M59/66 as C&R

They were both sold as C&Rs when they were flooding the market couple years ago. Just noticed you are in CA which is a very "unique" state. Don't know about CA.

Have had my M59/66A1(GL removed & Brake added) for a couple of years also and am looking for a Chinese Para sks in blond furniture thesedays.

They're both C&R. Note that the 59/66 loses its C&R status if you remove the goofy grenade-launching gear.

Personally, I'd climb over a pile of 59/66's to get to a straight-up 59.

Dunno how Mordor views the 59/66 because of the scary grenade-launching apparatus and the folding bayonet.

I have a m59 and an m59/66 and agree with Tamara on this one... but they are all c&r, except as noted, the Chinese

Yep the 59 is much more desireable IMO just for lacking the extra junk attached. If you find one, be careful and inspect the bore carefully. They were used with corrosive ammo. You will not have the gas valve issues of the later model, but sometimes they look pretty nice looking down the business end, look in the chamber area and throat if you can, as sometimes there will be notable pitting or erosion there from the corr. ammo. Might not affect much if it is not too bad but it should be a factor in price value, IMO. Especially for a shooter, when there are tons of nice Russians or even Chinese with the chrome bores without pitting or noticeable erosion.

Back