Yugo m24/47

HALLAUSTIN

Ive been eyeing one of these for quiet some time. Does anyone know how they shoot? Are they good shooters? Would it be blasphemy to scope one of these?

My 24/47 has outshot my scoped Weatherby Vanguard at 100 yards with iron sights.
Scope it if you want, or shoot as it comes.
Denis

I'll be the first to say it would be a wasted effort to scope a M24/47.

You'll have to modify the bolt handle to clear the scope and the safety too. By the time you spend all the money/time, you'll find it doesn't shoot as well as a Savage Edge, Stevens 200 or Mossberg 100 -- which are already set up for scopes and cheaper than the M24/47.

The straight bolt handle makes scoping the 24/47 difficult. I've seen guys use a "scout" type mounting with the scope forward of the action.

The M48's with the bent bolt handle are easy to scope. If you go with the Yugo mounts and scopes it's very spendy, about $800 to do it right.

The Yugo bolt rifles are good shooters, expect 3-4 moa with good surplus ammo.

As mentioned it would take a great deal of gunsmithing to get the reciever scope ready. I ran across a barreled action once that I was going to have set up for a scope, the labor was $400 the price of the parts, labor and everything would have made the rifle cost as much as a new FN Winchester Model 70 Sporter. The one that I shoot now is in original form with bent bolt handle from Samco Global, the only change I made was to install a taller front sight.
At 125 Yards unsuported with Privi Partison Ammo I can hold an honnest "2 inch group. Witnessed and proven. Its a great shooter as it is, and perfectly capable for hunting within the practical ranges for an iron sighted Rifle.

My 24/47 came with bent bolt handle, so did the M48.
Wouldn't take much to scope either one, although I'll leave both with just iron sights.
Denis

My 24/47 and M48 both shoot exeptionally well and are solid pieces of engineering and quality construction.

Both mine are 1 1/2 MOA for 5 shot groups off of a bench with my handloads using Sierra bullets and 4895 powder. I bought my M48 as an unfired specimen complete with cleaning gear and a bayonet. The 24/47 had seen some use, but was arsenal rebuilt and the barrel appeared to be brand new when I got it for a $100 bucks. My son took a liking to it so it now resides with him.

While I like to keep military guns in original condition, a friend installed a Lyman peep sight on his 24/47 as well as a square blade front sight and it makes for a marvelous timber rifle for anything up to Elk I think.

I had one for awhile. I loved it, shot great. I didn't shoot paper but I hit all the rocks I was aiming at. I shot mostly at 100 yards or less. A trade deal came along though that I couldn't pass up.

They are great shooters. Samco has them. I would spend the few extra bucks and get one in excellent condition. Bores are mear mint. Be ready for the cosmoline.

Back