youth rifle

jetrecbn1

I have been looking for a youth rifle all day long and it is bothering me. I have looked at the Cricket, and Buckaroo, haven't seen any PeeWee's yet. Where can I get them? (San Diego) Kmart and Walmart told me they don't order anymore. I have seen some Sears and Wards models but they were beat up pretty bad. Please share your experiences and comments with any youth rifle you have used. Thank you.

I bought my son a model 7 youth and had it for years. It was not a tack driver but shot plenty well enough to make the kill. It was in 243 and he killed one of the biggest white tail around. I grabbed it many times when taking a walk around the farm and made shots that I thought I would miss on crows and such. Just don't expect a target rifle from it.

jetrecbn1 I assume since you were looking into the Cricket, Buckeroo, etc. you are seeking an inexpensive youth sized .22. Don't discount the little Henry .22 youth model carbine. While a lever action and not a bolt like the others they are small and comparably priced. Any dealer should have no trouble getting any of those mentioned.
Not only will Wal-Mart and K-Mart not order guns any more they do not deserve business from gun owners.
Good luck.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

My advise is to go with the Marlin 15yn. They are a single shot bolt action like the Cricket, but are a little better as far as quality goes. They also will take a full lenght stock later as your child grows. I would also recomend staying away from the "mega-marts". ( coming from a guy that works in a gunshop). I find it really tough to deal with an 18 yr. old that was just promoted from electronics!
CJB

Thanks guys. I picked up a Marlin 15y($150) Buckaroo. Those Cricket's are small and enticing but the price($200) for something that looked like a toy wasn't so attractive.

Back