You're Comments on F.A. mod.97

Gunzo

I am aware of the overall reputation of Freedom Arms revolvers, but would like to hear from mod.97 owners or shooters in particular. I'm not real comfortable with the idea of spending $1500 for a revolver, but the urge to order 1 or 2 just won't go away.

What about them really stands out compaired to average priced quality rev?

Is the awesome reported accuracy noticable with iron sights when shooting alongside other similar guns? (scopes on handguns are not my cup of tea)

Where to look for a good price for a new one?

Any and all observations will be appreciated, Gunzo

Thanks Dennis,
I had read a several articles about the 97, including Taffin's in American Handgunner or Guns. His Sixgunner article seemed to be way more indepth than I recall in the magazine, and answered most of my questions. I shall remain happy with my O.M. Blackhawks and my new S.S. Bisley. You probablly saved me some hard cash! I owe you a beer.

Gunzo

Gunzo: Out of curiosity, what in John's article dissuaded you? I know for a fact he considers FAs as the best SA revolvers ever built. :) Dennis

Freedom Arms 97 Input-

Greetings, even the highly vaulted Freedom Arms have plus and minus features.
I too am curious about the mentioned article, the site mentioned appears to be sponsored by Freedom Arms which may or may not effect the articles?

I have a .357 and a .45 Colt in the 97 and I think they are great guns. Perfect? No, but better than everything out of a factory I've owned in the last thirty years. Worth the price? For me they are. To me, the 97 is an especially welcome addition (I'm not a fan of the 83). It's a nice packable revolver, but it won't do anything a Ruger won't do. It's just a bit more elegant in my eyes.

Dennis: Nothing in particular in John's article changed my mind, but enough information to decide that the 97 just does'nt meet my criteria at this time. I will agree that FA's are probably the best made production revolvers on the planet.

Alaska Roy: I agree that in some cases, advertising dollars may affect what a gun writer has to say. but not John Taffin. I've been reading his articles for about fifteen years and feel he has as much integrety as anybody in the business.

Hope you're weekend was good, guys. Thanks for the input.

Gunzo

Back