Your thoughts please on Ruger 3 inch revolver

Dogger

For my 6-shooter CCW candidate I am looking at the Ruger KGPF-330, a GP 100 variant with:
stainless steel construction
3 inch barrel
short barrel shroud
fixed sights
35 ounces empty

I handled the gun and it feels like a superb compromise of size for power, given the hot loads a Ruger can handle. Once the LONG and heavy double action trigger is worked by a smith I would think it would be an awesome carry piece.

Was wondering if anyone owns one?

What carry loads do you recommend?

Thanks

Three Inch Barrels,

Gotta love 'em!

I have a three inch Taurus, and I love that barrel length!

I saw guns like the one you're thinking of a couple of years ago when the Postal Inspectors were trading them in. I should have bought one!

In short, Go For It!!!

I think 3" barrels are great.

I have several:

S&W 317 Airlite, .22
S&W 60, .357
S&W 686, .357

For a summer time load I like the Winchester white box (USA Brand) 110 grain JHP.

For cooler weather, I prefer the 125 grain JHP loads, and in bitter cold, where heavy coats are likely, I'd carry the 145 grain Silvertip load.

Yeah, but what is your choice of " 9 x 19 " ?

:) I also like that very same revolver. I have a 3" M66 now, but I will admit that the Ruger is the stronger gun. My only problem with them is a tendency for me to 'lock' the DA trigger when working it fast. The Ruger is not tolerant of you not letting the trigger fully re-set forward.

The last three inch barreled Ruger I saw was at a gun show in Denver,it was a postal inspector trade-in. The person selling it tried to convince me it was a "very rare" Ruger model and that it was a bargin at $500, I'm assuming he still has it. Modelmaker

I saw a NIB, three-inch, all stainless Ruger GP100 on gunbroker.com for ~$370 within the last month.

Back