Your thoughts about Sellier&Bellot ammunition

Eagle

Inactive
Has anyone used Sellier & Bellot ammunition?
If so, what are your thoughts about it?
I am taking a trip to Thunder Ranch this year and need 2,500 rounds of 45 ACP ammo.
I saw an ad in Cheaper than Dirt and was wondering if this stuff is any good.
Thanks for any comments.

Eagle,

I haven't done any extensive testing or anything; but I shoot an awful lot of Sellior & Belliot .45 ACP 230 JRN.

For practice ammo, I generally use Federal American Eagle 230 grn or the Sellior & Belliot. The Sellior & Belliot is about $2.00 cheaper per box and I honestly can't tell the difference between the two. I've had exactly ZERO failures with either ammo in my customized 1911.

I think the Sellior & Belliot is probably an excellent buy. I would have no reservations in using it.

On the other hand, if you need 2500 rounds for Thunder Ranch, the difference in price between the Sellior and Belliot and the Federal American Eagle will only be about $100.00. Federal Gold Medal premium would cost about $250.00 more than the Sellior & Belliot.

If you are planning a "once in a lifetime trip to a famous (and expensive) shooting school will the difference in ammo cost really make a big difference?

Good luck at Thunder Ranch and Best Wishes,

Kurt

Eagle, my experience with S&B is similar to Kurt's. I've used a goodly quantity of it in .45, 9mm, and .380 and have found it to be clean, consistent, and reliable in all my guns, save a very finicky Walther PPK/s (weird gun, loves JHPs, and after two rips back to Interarms, feeds most FMJ OK, but just won't eat S&B?!?). I get it locally at the Sports Authority and in quantity from CTD. Both my .45s (Beretta Cougar & H&K USP/c) eat it up fine. Good luck with your training. M2

Back