Your favorite wood and grip type.

Sling Shot

Hello. Out of all the revolvers that you own or wish to own, what is your favorite type of wood and grip style such as Roper, Jordan, checkered, smooth, and finger grooved? I want to keep the list to double-action revolvers only. You can also list your favorite rubber grip.

I do not own this grip yet, but it is the one that my heart desires. It is a Skeeter Skelton style made by BluMagnum out of walnut. The style is designed to keep the third finger of your shooting hand from getting rapped by the rear portion of the trigger guard. I just love the walnut look on DA revolvers. I hope to own a set of these in the near future.
Sling Shot
da09.jpg
And in stainless.
mvc-011.jpg

I like the look of wood grips, but not the feel that much.

I use Hogue Grips. Uncle Mike's for K-frames are also pretty nice.

I keep meaning to pick up a set of Ajax fake Ivory grips for my Model 28, I think it would look absolutely stunning with those installed.

I like Hogues on full size revolvers, with finger grips and no checkering. What kind of wood depends on the finish of the gun, on blue steel I like Coco bolo, on stainless I like Goncalo Alves. On compact hideout revolvers I like Craig Spegels Boot Grip.

John
http://www.handloads.com

Greeting's All;

I guess my vote here goes to the cocoabolo smooth wood grips
to fit the "old model" S&W K-frame's, with the square butt.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

My favorite revolver grips are Hogue hardwood combat monogrips for Smith K-frames...like the one on my Model 19 round butt. This one is Pau Ferro wood:

sw19med.jpg

These days it seems that anything ment to be gripped, is fitted with some kind of 'squeezy' rubber.
I love the look of good wood but for defense, I have Pacmayer Professional Compac's on my S&W K frame snubbies, and Hogue rubber Mono-grips on my Pythons.

lendringser, that is a nice looking pistol and grip. It looks like dark walnut. I may have to consider one of the Hogue monogrips. I have a question for you. It looks like the back strap is covered. Am I correct? If I am, I thought the Hogue monogrips had open backstraps??
Sling Shot

sling shot,

the Hogue Monogrip on my Model 19 has an open backstrap. The Smith had a ratty Pachmayr grip on it when I saw it at the gun store, but the finish was immaculate. They just so happened to have *one* K-frame round butt hardwood monogrip in stock, and they had just received some good Bianchi leather for 4" K-frames. It was meant to be, I suppose...there was just no way I could not buy that gun. (Especially since true 4" round butt Model 19s are more scarce than Liberals with common sense.)

The glossy, deep-blue finish and the hardwood grip just go extremely well together...the scan doesn't even do it justice. It's my favorite handgun, by far.

For a while now, I've been toying with the idea of getting a set of Karl Nill's grips in Thuya burl for my deep-blued Model 29. The only thing holding me back is the cost...way over $100 for the more exotic woods.

But they *are* beautiful...

I like a smooth, not-finger-groved, wood grip.

Not sure about the extra wood by the trigger guard. That might be nice, as long as it doesn't cramp your hand.

Smooth would, I believe, displaces the recoil better.

I like the look of Goncalo Alves. Hogue makes some nice ones in various types & finishes.

[Edited by Russ on 05-16-2001 at 05:59 PM]

Back