Your favorite AK?

shaggy

OK guys, I did a handshake deal on a full-auto AKS today and can have my choice of set-up. Currently its a like new 16" underfolder in 7.62x39 but I can have it re-built into any of the following with minimal cost impact (all are 7.62x39 though).

Bulgarian side-folding Krink - 8" barrel
Hungarian AMD65 side-folder - 12" barrel
Bulgarian RPK - 22" barrel

I think I know which way I want to go, but I'd be interested to know which one you would choose and (most importantly) why?

BTW - anyone know tha approximate difference in muzzle velocites between the four configurations I've mentioned above?

I think the RPK would be a blast on auto but i'd probably get the krink. How much are you paying if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering one as my next NFA purchase.

How much are you paying if you don't mind me asking

My dealer has the AKS marked at $14,800 alone, but I'm doing a trade deal - costing me an HK sear + $1200 for the AKS along with a new Bulgarian Krink kit. I figure the kit is worth about $600-700 so HK sear + about $500-600???

Of the two, I'd think the HK sear is more useful. Your call though.

That said, of the three AK styles, the AMD65 would be the best compromise between the huge muzzleblast of the Krinkov and the weight/length of the RPK.

Back