Your 30-30 Hunting Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Luther

TFL,

I'm am super close to getting a Marlin 30-30, model 336C. Seems like just the right thing for Southern Whitetails and schlepping around in the pines out here. Bottom line, I don't like bolt actions, especially for portability and follow-up shots.

Just wondering what experiences (kills) you all have had with this time-tested caliber.

Thanks in advance,
ML

rifle

follow up shots!?, follow up shots!? ummm, maby its just me or are people not meant to practice on the range so they can hit the target on the first shot. "umm yea that looks rite..bang.. whoopse. that was the leg...bang,bang,bang...there got it!"

If you cant produce a killing shot on your first go then reduce your range..to 10 yards if you need to.

Why dont you try a single shot bolt action, that'll help you shoot right! If im out hunting and I'm only after the one thing I only put 1 rd in the mag.

It frustates me hearing about people like you!

Sometimes a quick follow-up shot is necessary. Have you considered the situation where the intended quarry is still until just when the trigger is pulled? A quick, startled jump is all it would take to ruin an otherwise perfectly placed shot.

Sasnofear, that may work in your neck of the woods, but here in the south, thick brush and various critters make follow up shots a valid requirement. I'd rather have the ability and not need it, than have the need and no ability.

The longer you hunt, the more open you'll be to other folks needs.

Implying that magazine capacity marks someone as a slob hunter is a mark of inexperiance.

Duplicate thread,

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147262

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back