You guys got a laugh,,,,but it works.....

Trish

Inactive
I know you guys got a laugh :)out of the description I gave to the "climbing treestand",,,,,but it's TRUE.

It really climbs the tree. This tree stand has two platforms; one for your footrest, one for setting.

Each platform has a covered chain which wraps around the tree and the platform has teeth which bite into the tree trunk as you climb the tree.

After placing each platform in place, secured around the tree (and your safety belt is engaged) you raise the seat platform with your arms and push the teeth into the trunk of the tree. Making sure this is a secure hold you then hold the upper seat platform firmly as you raise the foot platform with you feet which are held firmly in place by straps. Raise the foot platform, set the teeth into the trunk and then repeat these moves until you reach the desired height.;)

Hubby really loves it. He's practicing now. :eek:

Treestands

Saw one of these stands demonstrated several years ago. They work quite well and are safer than using individual steps to get to a tree stand. (At least according to the guy who was demonstrating it).

It is more difficult to describe how they work than to actually do it:)

Geoff Ross

Owned and used several of these, the Loggy Bayou was far and away the best of the lot.

My doctors finally convinced me that 15 feet up a tree was not a good place for a middleaged,hypertensive diabetic. Now I hunt on the ground.

Am kinda curious why this turned up on the shotgun bb...

Back