You Don't See Many Of These

kwhi43

Betch-ya don't see very many of these.

eb16f64b94300bfc0ef1210f9a7711c7.jpg

first time seeing one like that for me :o you keep posting these pictures of competition flinters, I'm gonna have to go and buy one :D

what the block under front of barrel for? I know it's a type of rest, but how is it used? and is there a use for the hole on the bottom, or is that just how it's attached?

Way cool! Is it a lightning? Please email me contact info for the maker and options, prices, etc.

By the way: the front "block" (my guess) is its a weight. For balancing out the gun.

Shot one of those for a couple of years. Rod Breakage (hope spelling is correct) made them. He was from around Stillwater, OK. He made a percussion, flint and had a couple of prototype Ruger Old Army revolvers with a retro fit cylinder that was a single shot. The cylinder was flat, rotating only to load and then back to the firing position. He caught hell at the Friendship and other places from the old school guys. I shot against him a lot in OK, KS, AR, TX and a few other places. He was good.
He shot a set of the Lightning pistols like the photos and I think they were 40's. Been a few years. I shot a 40 cal and it was smooth. Some of the guys I shot with around Oklahoma has some made by Rod. He had some very good ideas. I liked my Yazels a little better because they were a little heavier.
Great photo.

Mike

Back