Yet anothe USP question (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewis

I have a USP .40 compact that I love. It is my primary off duty carry gun (dept. issue is G23.) Recently at the range, I tried decocking between rounds and doing alot of DA shooting. I found I can shoot just as well DA as SA. My other carry guns (the g23 and a Ruger sp101) are DAO. I am seriously considering having my USP switched to DAO for ease of training/muscle memory. I don't have any problems going from DA to SA, but I have accidentally on safed the USP a couple of times then had about a 1/2 second fumble when I pulled on the trigger and then had to off safe. I would prefer to go DAO than to go with a decocker only version. I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with a DAO USP. How much should it cost to have it switched? There is a HK armorer here in town (where I got the gun) but I want to be knowledgeable before I go in to talk to him. BTW, My USP has a very nice double action trigger, as good or better than my beretta 84 and Sig 239. I know some folks have complained about USP DA triggers but mine is good.

[This message has been edited by lewis (edited December 01, 1999).]

I am a big believer in having all your weapons function as similarly as possible. You have already found a possible problem that can result when they don't. This could be overcome with lots of training-and I mean LOTS. More simple is your idea: Convert USP to DA only mode. I think all that is required to switch is a parts change, the single part that controls mode. I can check my HK Armorer's manual at work, but your armorer should be able to do it in about 10 mins max, very cheaply.

I've heard some complaints about the USP's DA trigger also. I have both the USP Full and Compact versions and I too feel the DA trigger is quite nice.

Then again, I think I've heard somebody sometime complain about every gun ever made...

CMOS
GOA, TSRA, LEAA, NRA, SAF

I am considering the same change on my USP40 full size. However, all of the local armorers that I talked to have told me to send it to HK to get the work done. If you find otherwise will you let me know?

Another forum member is going to help me figure out exactly what needs to be changed and he or I will post for anyone else interested. Although I will not post any sort of instructions because that would involve too much liability. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back