Yes, what's new? This is a sight design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuha375

This is a design for the Glock. At 0-10 yards makes aiming easier. Yeah, these sights can be used for any weapon.

Do you think this works ?

Attachments

• Sights.jpg
    Sights.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 114
Cuha,

Interesting, but there are a lot of things to line up, the red dot inside of the red semi-circular rear sight, and it doesn't look like they are on the level, as if the rear sight sits lower than the front.

Glock had it pretty sharp with that white U and a front sight. I like the Figure 8 style, too. You put the front dot on top of the rear dot.

If I may make a suggestion. I mentioned on this forum or the other one I belong to. Dead Ringer sights had a set out for my Walther (might have been that forum). They were nice but left some things to be desired. Their durability being one of the big gripes. The rear sight was too big and open, too For a ring, it wasn't all that easy to line up. Maybe give it a look. See if you can improve on that system.

It could work. It is something to retrain to…that would be my top concern. Remember, you are looking for something when aligned gives a strong vertical line, strong horizontal line and a focus point to put on target. I feel that sight presents a weak horizontal line to strengthen the vertical. It is kind of a miss for me.

IMO, Pistol sights for long range 25 yds or longer need the narrowest front sight post that your eye can put in focus….maybe even coming to a point….the trouble with a point is most people cannot accurately focus on that point reliably. So, there is a balance.

Below 25 yds, a big, fat, wide, & hi-viz post is quick and accurate.

I like a dot in the front post for tritium and a centered eye focus point.

At the rear, I like a no glare, strong horizontal with a good window to see the front sight.

I really like wha is called a Hackathorn sight sight. He was a gunwriter, I believe.

I am probably not alone in wondering why if you have all these brilliant, industry-revolutionizing ideas, you (a) are posting on a public forum (do you already have patents?) and (b) you're not working for one of the leading manufacturers.

.. then you seem to shy away from discussing them.

No, my time is limited. (I'm sorry) And the longer the discussion goes on, the further it gets out of "my concept". :)

And I don't care about patents. Because I don't think there is anyone else who can produce the things I produce but me.

No, my time is limited. (I'm sorry) And the longer the discussion goes on, the further it gets out of "my concept". :)

And I don't care about patents. Because I don't think there is anyone else who can produce the things I produce but me.
As a great tool and die maker once told me, “I can make just about any damn thing on this planet so long as you provide me the tooling and materiel capable of doing it!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back