Yeeeeeheeeeeheeeeee!!!!!!!!

2cats

Wooooooohooooooooo!!!!

Just bought the Browning Hi Power Standard, adjustable sights, one hi cap magazine!!!!!

Trevor: of course your logic is sound. I went Standard instead of MK III because if I don't get it smithed, I love the aesthetics of the Standard as it is. Time will tell, after I shoot it a bit. Although, I'll tell you that the grips on the Practical felt real nice. I just couldn't dig the aesthetics relative to the Standard.

BW: I'd tell you that we could run into each other at the Albany gun show, but right now I'm signed up for a two day handgun class at the Smith & Wesson facility in Springfield that weekend. There's a chance it'll get cancelled due to low enrollment. We'll see.

Couple a questions: where do I get a second factory 13 round magazine?

Just for fun, what are the relative strong points of the major Hi Power smiths, Wickmann, Novak, and Cylinder & Slide? I'm sure you really can't go wrong, but can we bat that around a little?

Now I just have to wait a week or two for the local judge to agree to my Constitutional rights. Imagine if you had just written a song, and had to go to the town hall, fill out a form, wait 2 weeks, and pay $2 before you could play it. But I am NOT complaining - what a country!!

------------------
2cats

Glock 19
Colt Police Positive .38 Special
Smith & Wesson Model 41

Congratulations on your new arrival, you won't be dissappointed!

Novak's performed the custom work on mine several years ago when Wickmann was still there. He did the trigger work himself and I couldn't be more pleased.

It is the most reliable pistol I have ever owned.

Everything I've head says the new guns are coming with excellent barrels, so you shouldn't need to mess with that.

I had Cylinder & Slide do some very minor work on mine. Novak sights, a C&S wide trigger (no action job), Spegel grips and a recoil reduction rod. I removed the magazine disconnect myself.
With these minor alterations my group sizes cut in half, sub 2". This gun shoots pretty darn close to my P-7 now, and that says alot.

------------------
Knee deep in brass, still shootin fast!

Hello 2Cats. If this Browning is new, it doesn't matter if it has adjustable or fixed sights, is a Practical, or an El Capitan, it is a MkIII. As to extra magazines, I've had good luck with ProMag 13 round magazines for this gun, but some post having problems. you can find true factory Browning (MecGar) magazines (13 rnds), but they run from $50 to $60 each which while high is cheaper than some of the other high caps. Best and enjoy your pistol.

Stephen A. Camp:

Where exactly may I throw my money away?

------------------
2cats

Glock 19
Colt Police Positive .38 Special
Smith & Wesson Model 41

Hey, 2Cats! On-line, you can buy ProMags from Cheaper Than Dirt in Ft. Worth, Texas. The last two or three I bought there were like $16.00 each. I could be wrong on this, but I think that CDNN has some of the factory pre-bans, but they are not on-line and must be phoned or written. They are in Abilene, TX I believe. You can also check Shotgun News and find these pre-ban factory HP magazines and prices. Do not be confused if they say "MecGar" or "Browning;" they are one in the same. Best.

Back