Year of trophies!

upstate81

I couldnt ask for a better deer season, my best actually. Bagged two monster bucks in one season. I dont know too many people that get two wall mounters in one year. The first is a massive heavy eight pointer shot opening day. The taxidermist said after drying he will go mid to hight 130s. The nine pointer I shot the other day with the muzzleloader. he will make 130+ as well. Both bucks have a 19.5 inside spread. When I brought the 8 to the butcher he had time to weigh him. He was 200# after we deducted the weight of the chain! Didnt get the 9 weighed, he was a little smaller but not much.

Last edited:
Not to mention im picking up a mount of a 29 inch king salmon I caught this summer on saturday. Will post pics this weekend

Congrats, those are two great deer, especially to take them in the same year.

I know of one taxidermist who's kids will be getting nice Christmas presents this year...

Two in the same season? Heck I've yet to shoot a buck I'd consider mount worthy ever lol...but then again I don't trophy hunt, just meat. But if I saw one worth mounting it would be over my fireplace :D

Congrats man! gotta ask though, which was more fun? Getting the surf, or the turf?

Thanks! I gotta admit im a pretty die hard deer hunter. BUT...a day out on the boat trolling for kings and browns is a heck of a way to spend the day. All the wall decor I managed to get in company of family so it was all good. Ive shot some small basket 6's and 8's but nothing like these deer. As im beginning to learn...its all about time on stand. My hunting group are mainly meat hunters as well. Just right place right time. Especially with the second buck.

You did OK this year. No doubt about that. Butcher sure was helpful. Those big deer. You should do something with their hides. Perhaps send them out and have a nice buckskin coat or vest made for yourself. (See link)
Im a taxidermist best friend this year haha.
yup!! I'd say so too. BTW nice salmon. (29") Don't blame yaw for wanting that one for the wall. Not to be nosy. But whats the going rate over there these days for a deer's {chest} mount? Oh!! almost forgot.__ My Congrads also.

http://clpuber.com/

Sure shot, thanks for the link ill def check that out. Mounts arent exactly cheap thats for sure. The deer are going to be 500 a pop with taxes and what not. Believe it or not the fish was the most expensive. House will look great when its all said and done.

In the first picture I'm not sure what is bigger, his rack or your smile!

Congrats on what sounds like a banner year for you.

Back