YEA Academy!

TXAZ

I just went into my local Academy store for some .308.

They had a fair amount of 9mm for $11.99 per 50 box (with a limit of 3 boxes). I was impressed, haven't see that price for mid-tier 9mm in some time. The counter guy said they weren't raising their prices, in deference to most other outlets.

I haven't shopped there much in the past but will in the future.

I was in the Johnson City TN Academy Thursday. It was picked cleaener than a Tennessee cornfield in late November. Not a single round of ANY hand gun ammo. Only rifle was .270. There was a good selection of shoutgun. Their gun counter housed 21 pieces, and about the same in long guns. No AR types. Not even a .22 semi!

Our Texas store had many calibers other than .223/5.56, .22 and the new shipment of 9mm.
Interesting enough, they had a few .45 S&W M&P's and a couple of long barrel (12" plus) cowboy revolvers.

When we had the last shortage a few years ago and the only thing I was stocking up on was 22lr and 22 magnum, I bought all my ammo from Academy, the rest I reloaded, but even than their ammo was not marked up and seemed they were the only legitimate business not scalping customers.

Back