YAY white tail season

Jseime

Tomorrow Monday the 14th is opening day of white tail season here in saskatchewan. I was out tonight and did some serious final tuning on the ol .270. Its shooting those 130 grain SSTs just like a savage rifle should.

I hope i can git er done tomorrow because apparently there are lots of big bad bucks around this year and i can only skip one day of college to go hunting.

Anyone else have any good luck this year? let me know.

To Quote a Christmas Song......

"It's the most wonderful time, of the year....." :p

I shot a buck with my bow two Saturdays ago, and they're really starting to move now! Another couple of weeks of bowhunting here in Maryland, and then rifle season starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving!

GOOD LUCK Jseime, there's nothing like Opening Day! Let us know how you do.....

Michael

I took a small 4-pointer yesterday at about 300 yards with my Savage. He ran about 100 yards and just flopped over. Very dissapointed with the Ballistic Silvertip bullet. It just disintegrated. Did the job, though.

Good luck to yah!

I took my first buck, a 7 pointer, on saturday. That was opening day here. I shot it at just under 100 yards with my 243 and ballistic silver tips. The silver tips did perfectly. They penetrated deep but not all the way through, and did plenty of damage. The deer droped immediatly and could not get up, I almost lost it in the tall grass.:eek: The silver tips are now my go to round for hunting.

Good luck and be safe,
Henry Baker

Took my 4th and 5th of the year on the Missouri opener Saturday. A 7-pointer and a doe. Not into any of this ballistic tip stuff. 150 gr Spitzers belched out of my BAR in .270.

:o I missed a 4-6 pointer with an easy black powder shot at 75 yards with a steady rest. I'm blaming it on the rifle of course, as I'd leant my good rifle to a friend. :D

Turrible thing was that both the buck and his girl friend plus 3 younger deer stayed around and looked confused for 3 of the 4 minutes it took me to reload. This was during a thunderstorm but all the rattling and weird noises inherent in loading a BP rifle finally ran them off.

On Friday (Nov. 4), I took a Doe and a Spiked buck. One in the morning, one in the afternoon. I also lost one that I shot right at dark (little to no blood trail and the darkness). I was so mad, that I went out and bought a different rifle (308 over a 243) that evening. The 308 should anchor them better. I hope you have good luck this season.

Back