YA poll

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
Should any Coloradan, without a criminal record, be allowed to carry a concealed weapon?
http://www.7newskmgh.com/index-poll.html

I have a major beef with this question: what defines a criminal record? Tickets for jaywalking or littering?

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I have a major beef with this question: what defines a criminal record?[/quote]

It depends on who's in power, unfortunately.

------------------
Don't give me a "smarter" gun.
Make me a smarter shooter :D

[This message has been edited by Ulfilas (edited January 26, 2000).]

Well, yeah, if they aren't really criminal or mental, they should be able to carry.

Ummmm, aren't jaywalking or littering civil offenses? (sorry, in a picky mood). But, yeah, who gets to decide? Given the dearth of common sense and the pelethora of semantic twits about, this could be a problem. M2

At one time in this country, once someone served his/her time in the "pen" he/she was able to own firearms, carry them, vote (if they wanted) run for office, become a lawyer, judge or a doctor. I.E. they had all the same rights someone that did not serve time did. If they were still bad or went bad again, well they went back to the pen or died suddenly.

Were we worse off then? I am not sure but I sure don't want some elected or appointed puke deciding that my misdemeanor traffic ticket prevents me from owning a firearm.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Back