XSE vs. XS

Seppeku

I have an option to buy either one of these guns in a commander stainless. Which one and why??? What are the differences???

Thanks,
Steve

XS

If I'm not mistaken, the XS has a few more standard features. Like the beavertail, and better sights. I think the E in XSE stands for "economy". Therefore has a few less features. I'm probably totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure the XS is the better one. These things are hard to find anyway, your lucky you even have a choice.

XS = has the novak low mount sight and beaver tail safety, it came out first, then Colt had some problems with suppliers and can not make anymore XS.... so, they came out with the XSE = (enhance version)... regular 3-dot sight and no beaver tail,...or at least, i don't consider the grip safety to be beaver tail.

if you are going to collect,... i would suggest XS, because Colt will not make them anymore, there's no more out there in the market, and very few if any,.. (you are a lucky dog to even have an option of either one or the other),... XSE, also very few,... but there is production..

too bad i'm in Kali,... i would have ask you, whatever you don't want, can i have it? ;)

So...

what I'm hearing is that the only differences between the two are the sights, beavertail, and ambidex saftey??? Are they both the same on the inside???

Both the same on the inside. XS has better sights, high-grip beavertail safety, ambi-thumb safety.

From what I have seen, both are the same on the inside, roughly machined (compared to Kimber and Springfield anyway), and the XSE was marketed at the same price as the XS even though it had less expensive features.

Back