XD45 Thumb Safety type Trigger Upgrade....Springer Precision

Nathan

Well, I have finally broke down and decided that I don't need to live with a 6.5lb trigger.

So, first stock trigger data:

Start position: 25mm
Take up: 12mm
Creep: 2mm
Over travel: 3mm
Reset: 8mm
Pull weight: 6.5, 6.75, 6.75 lbs

The install....just follow the PRP video to put the sear side together and follow the Springer Precision videos to setup their kit.

The problem.....my striker was dropping, but the striker safety was not released. So, I had to study the system function and re time the striker safety release to be ahead of the sear release. All fancy words for filing on the sear lug to get the striker safety out of the way first. When you pull the trigger, the trigger bar moves which pulls on the striker safety first and that pulls on the sear. If you shorten the sear lug, the striker safety will move farther than the sear, effectively getting it out of the way at striker release.

Start position: 19mm
Take up: 5.5mm
Creep: 2.5mm
Over travel: 2mm
Reset: 6mm
Pull weight: 5.5, 5.25, 5.125 lbs

All this for $130! Hope this improves over time! It does feel a lot better. The sear is much better fit to the grip safety. It doesn't move like it should be. The improved safety is a nice benefit.

I'm tempted to cut on the sear to improve the creep, but I'll probably let it break in and see how it goes.

So, what was your experience with a Springer kit? I'll probably do the powder river XDS kit and see how it goes!

Back