XD-9 Tactical for USPSA?

1SOW

Any experience or recommendations on this gun?

My son and I are fairly new to USPSA shooting (Production). He's considering the XD Tactical. I handled one and it fit my small hands/short finger much better than my CZ 75B. We'll shoot it before we get serious. He's shooting a Sig P239 with 10rd mags, and moving up 'fast'.
Maybe we both want one.
I'm not a big polymer/plastic fan.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

The XD is probably the most popular "unGlock" in USPSA Production, particularly the tactical version. Like a Glock, they're perfectly serviceable out of the box, but can easily be enhanced into a top notch competition gun if you're so inclined.

A good resource for the competitive XD shooter is http://www.pistolgear.com. They carry pretty much any worthwhile accessory you could want, and they're also the home of Canyon Creek gunsmithing, which is one of the most highly regarded XD gunsmiths among the competitors who shoot XDs.

glockopop:

Thanks for the recommendation (?). Coming from a Glock guy I have to respect it.:D
Good website too. Thanks

I shoot the 9mm Tactical in USPSA Production. She's smooth and well fitted for that division. I had it tuned, but out of the box would work fine. Good luck and go after those Glock's, they seem to dominate Production.

The XD is an excellent choice for Production division. It has the ability to have the trigger tuned much better then the Glock.
100_0755-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone.

Sounds like enthusiasm for the HD Tactical.

P.S. That was nice stippling!

Back