XD 10mm vs Glock 10mm recoil

Topthis

Simple question...does anyone have experience with both the new XD 10mm and any models of the Glock 10mm? I am curious about the felt recoil of the XD 10mm, is it comparable to the Glock? I have fired the Glock 20sf and found the recoil to be surprisingly low...only slightly more than a .45 in my opinion.

If recoil sensitivity is a concern, then perhaps 10mm is not an appropriate caliber to consider. Alternatively, the 10mm can be loaded down to 40SW levels, the so-called "FBI" load, to help with felt recoil. I've shot the 10mm Glock 20 and SR1911 with pretty hot loads and surprisingly, I couldn't tell the difference in the felt recoil. I had expected the poly gun to feel more stout.

Even hot 10mm doesn't recoil that much, it's on overblown concern. The XDM will set higher in your hand and I think that will make recoil more whereas the Glock sits lower (due to a lower bore axis) and will recoil less.

I'd say if the Glock 20 fots your hand, go with that. Personally, the glock 20 and 21 are a bit too big for me to get a comfortable grip. The 29 and 30 fit great though.

So...I'm hoping for some actual answers to my original question...what is the comparison of the Glock 10mm to the XD 10mm in felt recoil?? I have been shooting for years and own pistols from a .22 Buckmark to .454 Casull (this bad boy will put to rest any question as to being able to handle recoil). My EDC is either Dan Wesson Guardian in .45 or Ed Brown Kobra Carry in 9mm. While I do appreciate some of the comments, suggesting I go with a certain Model...I was just curious about the felt recoil...thanks.

The bore axis is slightly higher on the XDM, so it'll have a bit more muzzle flip/felt recoil. Not a huge difference, but that was only shooting factory Federal 180gr fmj. I'm sure some hotter loads the difference will be felt more. I personally liked the grip better on the XDM.

And yet I own the Beretta Nano which has a high bore axis and has the mildest recoil of any Micro 9mm I have ever shot and very little muzzle flip. As one owner said, feels like shooting 380 ammo out of it. He described it well. Maybe it is the heavier receiver and barrel. I personally do not like Low Bore axis pistols. Just do not fit my hand the way I like. I guess that is why them make different guns.
I have no idea about the XM. Perhaps it does have more recoil, but again, I would shoot both guns and make that determination myself. Both are nice guns, well built. But each gun will be unique and if a shoe fits one owner, does not necessarily mean it will fit another.
Personally I would also try a 45.cal and shoot straight round ball ammo. Still thinking of a Ruger SR since the prices are great. I like to shoot my firearms on a frequent basis and they all get a lot of range time. Not interested in the high Priced 10mm ammo. JMO
Also Paul Harrell has a excellent video on this.

Simple question

.what is the comparison of the Glock 10mm to the XD 10mm in felt recoil?
Maybe a simple question but the answer....
Hoping that you do not expect a definitive answer to that simple question. Felt recoil is highly subjective...you have to know that.
Even if someone had both guns and had shot them with the same ammo and reported back.....that doesn't mean a whole lot when the next person with fatter hands and heavier wrists picks up the same guns and shoots the same loads.

Even hot 10mm doesn't recoil that much, it's on overblown concern. The XDM will set higher in your hand and I think that will make recoil more whereas the Glock sits lower (due to a lower bore axis) and will recoil less.

When I first bought my Glock 29 I could not believe what all the concern about recoil with the 10MM was.

Then I bought a Delta Elite. I figured it out.

It seems the OP does not care about anything about why your answer is why it is, he just wants and answer....my answer is yes.

Back