X bolt octagon barrel in maple

Jdb5324

Inactive
Hi,
I was wondering how rare you guys believe a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel is? It was only distributed to Ahern group out of texas. Only 108 made this run of 308. The group only distributes to 4 states as well

Attachments

• 20190821_174113.jpg
    20190821_174113.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 59
Not to be a smarty pants but 108 were made. That's how rare it is or I don't understand the question. What is it worth? MSRP is $1,600 so I'd guess unfired in the box +/- $1,200.

Well only 108 is a pretty limited production run. If you're asking about projected future value it is hard to say. Some guns quickly increase in value, others not nearly so much.

Winchester used to make a lot of very limited runs of commemorative model 94's. Only a handful of each version, but lots of versions. This was 20-40 years ago. Today most of those are actually worth less than a standard rifle of the same era.

In 2005 Marlin made a limited run of 500 blue, and 500 SS rifles in 35 Rem patterned after the guide gun. They sold new for about $500, The SS version is selling today for $4000-$6000.

$1,500 new and shipped is pretty good. A walnut White Gold looks like about $1,200 before shipping. If you like the maple you're paying a premium of $250 or so. Wouldn't be worth it to me but we all like different things. I do have an older walnut X-Bolt in 308 and it's my favorite deer rifle.

It's really personal preference. I have the Hunter model that according to Gunbroker I can get for $700. That's about what I paid 7-8 years ago. The upgrade isn't worth it to me but it certainly is to others and there's nothing wrong with that. If that's what you want go for it.

No. Mine is a consistent sub MOA rifle but because of the thin barrel I wait several minutes between shots at the range. I have a target on the "Wall of Fame" in my reloading room that's 12 rounds in 0.82" off bags at a 100. Might of taken an hour to shoot that group.

What are you buying it for? I wouldn't buy any rifle as an investment unless it had some historical significance. I can make more money with $1500 invested in a mutual fund than I can hoping a current production rifle will gain value.

If you're buying it to use hunting and shooting, then slap a scope on it and enjoy. There is also something called pride of ownership, so if it makes you happy to own it then I'd buy it. Just remember it's a Browning X-Bolt at its heart, and while good rifles there isn't a huge demand for them.

"...around 1500..." That's the same MSRP as an X-Bolt White Gold Medallion from Browning with a gloss(plastic finish) walnut and a rosewood nose cap. Nothing special. Cabela's wants $1,279.99 for one chambered in 7mm Rem Mag.
The question is what do you intend doing with it? If you shoot it, it loses any collector value it probably does not have. And won't have for many years. Just changing the stock does not make it a collector piece. It's a hunting rifle. Commercial hunting rifles have no collector interest or value. Regardless of what Ahern may think.
I think the Ahern Group is just a regional distributor for several manufacturers. Talo Distributors is one of their shops. Talo is one of Ruger's "exclusive" distributors.

I do not believe you can get the browning X-bolt white gold medallion maple octagon at cabelas.. also talo dostrivuts around the country ahern only does 4 states

Back