Wyoming Sheriff kicks feds( BATF,IRS, FBI) out of his county...

Forwarded to one of the local Libertarian Party muckymucks, with the suggestion that we send it to our sheriff.

Grinning and giggling, I am. :)

(looking up job openings in Wyoming...)

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited January 14, 2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"I am reacting to the actions of federal employees who have attempted to
deprive citizens of my county of their privacy, their liberty, and their
property without regard to constitutional safeguards. I hope that more
sheriffs all across America will join us in protecting their citizens
from the illegal activities of the IRS, EPA, BATF, FBI, or any other
federal agency that is operating outside the confines of constitutional
law. Employees of the IRS and the EPA are no longer welcome in Bighorn
County unless they intend to operate in conformance to constitutional
law."[/quote]

------------------
"walk softly and carry a big stick, one that goes bang in .308 is fine"

Well shet ma mouf! He's gotta pair! :D WooHoo!!

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

BigG, I'd say that shurf clanks when he walks! :D

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

I have seen a few people question the validity of this report. I am waiting for sombody to confirm this absolutely before I get too excited. I'm sorry for being such a cynic, but that's the way I feel with news and rumours that seem too good to be true.

Supposedly this happened back in March of last year. Think about what exciting news this is and how you want to tell everybody you know. Why has it taken nearly 10 months for us to find out about it. Does the media really have that big a stranglehold on the truth that it would take this long for this news to reach us? I don't know. For now, I am waiting....

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

i guess we could ask him...
County Sheriff - Dave Mattis
P.O. Box 69 - Ph. (307) 568-2324 Republican
http://soswy.state.wy.us/director/county/bighorn.htm

For information regarding Wyoming's official rules and regulations, please contact:

Rules Officer
Wyoming Secretary of State's Office
The Capitol Building; Room B-10
200 West 24th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020
Phone: (307) 777-5407
Fax: (307) 777-7640
E-mail: rules@state.wy.us

I have relatives in Wyoming. Hmm... maybe I'll ask them to start looking for property for me! :)

Now if we can just get the other cowardly sheriffs to grow a pair...

[This message has been edited by Leadfoot (edited January 14, 2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coinneach:
BigG, I'd say that shurf clanks when he walks! :D

[/quote]

LMPO!

While this is great news, I think you'd need an army of lawyers to interpret the Texas Constitution. The Sheriff being the highest peace officer in a county is in a fuzzy area here, as a Constable (elected) or a Texas Ranger are the only 2 LEO's in Texas who can arrest a sheriff. Tx RNGR is a given, but a Constable? I guess he's elected in his precinct. I ran off a couple of copies, and I'm going to deliver this to the Sheriff on Monday. He hates feds.

I just knew their was a reason I loved living here in Wyoming :D :D :D :D :D :D

Earlier this month we had a report of anti nuke protesters at one of our Launch Facilitys (ICBM) and when the ART (Alarm Response Team) arived it was a false alarm as their was a Sheriff, State Trooper and City PD marked cars on the access road. Just then a unmarked car pulled up with a guy in the blue ATF windbreaker driving. Turns out they just picked a bad place to meet enroute to a raid. From what he was told the Sheriff was running things and who he had to talk to.

Funniest thing about the whole thing was one of my guys about freaked at the shiney pistol the ATF agent was carrying, it had some kind of 20 rd extended mag in it :D :D

[This message has been edited by Joey (edited January 14, 2000).]

I'm as hopeful as all that this is valid. However, I too, have received questions about the validity. I'll pass answers as I hear 'em. All others, please do the same.

If true, this is a seious poke in the eye to the Clintonistas.
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited January 14, 2000).]

I have my doubts also. Like all others, I want it to be true but we really need some verification. There were several references stating that the original story ran in the Jubilee Newspaper Vol. 9 No. 6. That particular issue was July, 1997 which would have made the story a prediction rather than a news story. And I couldn't find any reference to it on the Jubilee site. Since that appears the only "newspaper" that ran the story, that's not a very good endorsement for the validity of it. The JN is a very (with a capital V) right wing newspaper.

The actions of Sheriff Mattis were reported in one of the gun rags last year, in the political editorial section. Sorry I can't remember which one or when, but I read it.

Well I hate to say this but this is old news. I first read it about 12 months ago. Notice the dates from the bottom of the posting.

---------------------------
Case Notes:
Case: Castaneda v. USA
Filed: 10th May 1996
Closed: 29th April 1997
Case No: 2:1996cv00099 Wyoming District Court, Casper
Nature of Suit: Civil Rights
----------------------------

Almost three years old now. Politics have changed a lot since then..........uugggggg.

Doc...

Sheriff's in Ohio are our best hope of getting CCW passed. As it stands now, the Sheriff's Association is the leading LEO body in the State endorsing CCW.

It's hard to say if the story has been embelished from the original, or if the enforcement is growing. The original case involved the County and INS, not ATF, FBI or IRS. I would spend a dime to make a call, but have a feeling it would be a waste of money. The Libertarin party of WY has already awarded this guy accolades.

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited January 15, 2000).]

I called the Knoxville Journal and spoke to a gentleman named Nelson. He confirmed that a writer named Phil Hamby does, indeed work there. He took a message and I am awaiting a call from Mr. Hamby to confirm or deny this story. They are a small publisher with a limited readership and have no website -- thus the inability to link to one.

This story, on closer inspection, appears to be as much as three years old. Apparently it may have been rehashed. The citation starts with 96 and the copyright date of the story is 1997. Also, Mr. Nelson has no knowledge of this story but has worked at the Journal only since 1998.

The Knoxville Journal is at:

Knoxville Journal 423-546-5353
(Newspapers (publishers))
1717 N Broadway St,Knoxville, TN 37917-5836

------------------
Gun Control: The proposition that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own panty hose, is more acceptable than allowing that same woman to defend herself with a firearm.

[This message has been edited by jimpeel (edited January 17, 2000).]

I called the above phone number for Sheriff Mattis

He indeed exists, but was told that he is not taking any calls nor will he comment on this matter. I was then told to call the Federal Court in Cheyenne.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Back