Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act

kraigwy

Wyoming's Firearms freedom Act, HB 95 (Also know as Made if Wyoming, Stays in Wyoming, gun making bill.)

Has passed the senate and is heading for the governor. (passed the senate 30-0).

I enchourage all Wyoming TFL Members to call the Governor's office and express support for this bill. The phone number for the Gov. Office is:

(307) 777-7434

Kraig, I'm not sure how that one faired but I did read that Freudenthall signed into law a revision of our CWP that brought Wyo inline w/ a bunch of other states for reciprocity.
Unfortunately, I do have mixed feelings on it. It basically made it possible for someone w/ a misdemeanor conviction on a drug charge, to reapply and or become eligible to obtain their CWP after one year following the conviction.
This supposedly makes us inline w/ 20 more states. It doesn't mean they will recognize our CWP, it just means we have aligned our CWP law w/ theirs.
elkman06

Our legislature is doing stellar work this term. Governor Dave is very, very popular here among pretty much the entire population for ignoring national politics in favor of Wyoming ones.

I thought the article in the Casper Star Trib was funny.

"Governor signs bill w/ some trepidation".

No question he would sign a piece of legislation so totally supported. I believe he understands how this could get weird.
There are many who feel this is a "shot across the bow" on the Fed flagship.
It will be interesting to see how they respond.
elkman06

Back