WWII looking 1911.

BOILERMAN

Ok I picked this one up today. It's a 9mm but it looks kinda like a 1911. It came with gun, two factory clips and a military issue holster. The guys i got it from said his grandfather brought it back from WWII. It has german markings all over it. F.B. RADOM VIS Mod. 35 is stamped on the slide. FB shows up on the left grip and VIS shows on the right. Big letters. Any help would be appreciated.

radomnazi.jpg

BOILERMAN, try visiting the link below for some information on the Radom VIS 35.

http://www.gunsworld.com/world/radom_us.html

Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

Hope you got a good price on it, especially with a holster. A very collectable WW2 German issued sidearm. I believe they varied in features depending on early or late war. You could find out about that from the websites mentioned, I suppose. Supposed to be pretty good guns and if in nice shape, a keeper too. Wonder why some guy would sell off a nice heirloom like that from his granddad? Some people..... But your gain!

Grade I

Thanks guys. It appears to be a grade I according to the website listed. Not sure what that means in US currency but still a cool consersation piece.

Back