WW2-Production Walther PP w/ Holster

Daniel Watters

Dear friends,

I've been asked to find pricing data concerning a WW2-production Walther PP with an issue holster.

The pistol appears to be late war production with a mill-finish and purplish slide. However, it does retain the loaded chamber indicator. The trigger is smooth, and the pistol is equipped with plastic stocks bearing the Walther banner.

The right side of the pistol has Eagle-N proofs on the barrel and slide. The serial number 338###P matches for both the slide and frame. The left side of the pistol possesses the Eagle over WaA359 Waffenamt on the slide and frame. The slide rollmarks are:

(Walther banner) Waffenfabrik Walther Zella-Mehlis (Thur)
Walther's Patent Cal. 7,65m/m Mod. PP

The finish is surprisingly intact, with only a few tiny (~2mm or less) specks of pitting. Even the bore is clean. Arguably, it is an 85-90% grade, handicapping the wartime manufacturing shortcuts.

The holster is black leather with a flap and spare magazine pouch. The flap has a stud for the retension strap, but the strap itself is attached to the lower portion of the holster. Inside the flap is stamped hsu44 below which is stamped an Eagle w/ swastika over the code WOA170

Again, my friend is interested in a ballpark value for the whole package. Personally, I'd like to narrow down the production date, and would love to have info about the holster itself.

Last edited:
Another data point...

Thanks for the link.

As a result, I received the following information from Dieter H. Marschall:

The holster was made by "Gebrüder Sparfeld" in Leipzig in 1944 and proofed by their local Waffenamt in Leipzig (on the premises of the company).

Back