WTK the value of a Remington 7400

Hades FWIW, I was looking into one of these in a 308. I talked to a guy that had owned one and my dealer/smith, and both said they had a habit of ripping the rim off the shell while leaving the rest of the case in the chamber. the dealer said the 7600 pump, was a good gun. like i said take it FWIW.YMMV!!

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

Hades. If you have found a Remington 7400 in 30-30, buy it. It is one of a kind and priceless. Seriously though, double check the caliber. I'll bet it it either .308 Win. or 30-06, if it is a 30 caliber of any kind. From what I can tell, the 7400 comes in .243 Win., .270 Win. .280 Rem.,30-06, and .308 Win. Nary a thutty-thutty in the bunch.
Longhair. Most of the time when a Remington semi-auto rips rims off the casings, it is dur to a dirty or rusted chamber. keeping it scrupiouly clean should alleviate the problem.
Paul B.

Paul you're right, that's exactly the info I got and I reckon I should have passed it on. Being one who likes a weapon to be able to take some abuse and a little neglect, I decided this rifle wasn't for me. If you're one who is meticulous about cleaning and caring for a weapon, then I'm sure it'll be a good one. Like you, I haven't seen one in a 30-30 though.

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

Back