WTK Diff Btw Novak Low-Mount & Dovetail Carry?

HKguy9

What's the diff between the Novak Low Mount and Dovetail Carry sights? My impression are the low-mounts are tiny (like the ones on my Beretta) and the Dovetails are big (like the stock Springfield Loadeds at the store). Are both available for all pistols, or only the big ones for 1911 and little ones for HKs, Glocks, Berettas, etc.?

The Low-Mounts are designed for the factory dovetail cuts on the slide. The Dovetails need to have the slide modified for the sites to attach.

Sorry, Michael, it is the other way around.
The Novak Low-Mount has its own dovetail and requires about $100 worth of milling on a 1911 or Browning slide to install.
The Novak Concealed Carry fits the GI dovetail on 1911s and Glocks, they say that Brownings require "light machining" and Sigs "may require fitting." It is a little smaller than the Low-Mount. They say it will work with the stock front sight but the ones I have required taller front sights.

One thing.

If the sight is too big for the factory dovetail, grind on the sight, not the slide. There is nothing harder to fix than a too-big dovetail.

Regards.

Back